- Express Gratitude: When you appreciate what you have, what you have increases in value.
- Cultivate Optimism: People who view the world optimistically see the world as a place packed with possibilities and endless opportunities, even in the most trying of times.
- Avoid Over-Thinking and Social Comparisons: Comparing yourself to those around you can be poisonous. No two people have the same skill set or background, so no two people can be measured on the same scale. You should only ever compare yourself to who you were yesterday.
- Practice Acts of Kindness: Helping someone else with no expectations of being rewarded will make you feel good inside!
- Nurture Relationships: The happiest people on the planet are those who have deep meaningful relationships.
- Develop Strategies for Coping: Having healthy ways to cope in your back pocket will help ease stress and elevate your mood in times of struggle
- Learn to Forgive: Harboring feelings of hatred is toxic to your being
- Increase Flow Experiences: "Flow" is a state in which you feel like time is standing still. It can happen when completing tasks. You become so focused that you become one with whatever you are doing. Nothing can distract you from this focus, and it helps alleviate stress as you go into a kind of auto-pilot.
- Savor Life's Joys: Deep happiness cannot be experience if we cannot slow down to enjoy the little things in life.
- Commit to your Goals: Magical things happen to ourselves when we commit to ourselves doing something that will take us someplace better.
- Practice Spirituality: When we practice spirituality or religion, we are recognizing that life is bigger than us. We surrender the idea that we are the mightiest thing ever, which keeps us better grounded.
- Take Care of your Body: Taking care of your body is crucial to being the happiest person that you can be. The healthier you are physically, the better your feel mentally and emotionally!
Thursday, November 20, 2014
12 Things Happy People do Differently
Posted by Alecia at 8:47 AM