- Whitening Toothpaste – It’s easy and it works! Use a baby toothbrush to apply it and give your nails a good scrub for a minute or two. You may need to do it several times depending on how stained your nails are. The white colored pasty toothpaste works best as opposed to the blue or green gel-like toothpaste. Whitening toothpaste with added baking soda is even better!
- Lemon Juice & Baking Soda – Squeeze half of a lemon (or more) into a plastic bowl, and then add and blend baking soda until you get a nice abrasive paste-like texture. Then use an old
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide & Baking Soda – Mix the two together until you’ve got a paste-like texture. Cover your nails with it and allow the mixture to sit on them for about 3 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Commercial Denture Cleaner – Dissolve a couple of tablets in warm water, and soak your nails in it for about 5 minutes. It really works!
- Nail Whitening Pencil – Yes, they exist! And you can pick one up at a local drugstore, or just about anywhere else cosmetics are sold. You can apply it under the tips of nails to make them look healthier (almost looks like a french manicure, only more natural).
- Base Coat – Prevent stained nails from happening in the first place by using a base coat. Duh, right? It’s definitely worth the extra step!
Friday, August 29, 2014
Top Six Ways to Whiten your Nails!
Posted by Alecia at 5:51 AM