At Barbizon of Akron, we believe before all else, it is important to be healthy! That is why we love bringing you vital health information to insure that you are getting the most out of life that you can! Everyone knows someone who has been affected by cancer, and that's why it's important to practice prevention no matter what your age is!
- Eat right. Limit consumption of saturated fat, red meat and deep-fried foods, while eating more fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly. Those who are physically active are statistically less likely to develop a number of cancers.
- Stay away from radiation. This means ultraviolet rays – wear sunscreen, of course, as well as other forms such as radon, commonly found in the air in American homes.
- Avoid industrial & environmental toxins. Asbestos, benzene and aromatic amines are just some of the chemicals that can negatively affect the body.
- Soak up Vitamin D. In lieu of sun exposure, take 800 to 1000 international units (IU) of Vitamin D daily.
While it's great to have fun and indulge, always be sure to do so in moderation! Be safe, Barbizon of Akron... And shine on!