Thursday, August 8, 2013

Miss Ohio Latina is from Barbizon of Akron!




Here at Barbizon of Akron each and every one of our students and graduates is exceptional in their own way. This is the case with our very own Stephanie Miranda! At only 19 years old, this young woman already has an amazing future ahead of her. Her story is one of fun and success so we decided to share it with all of you!

A Barbizon of Akron alum, Stephanie has had a lot of success in pageants. Most recently, she represented the city of Youngstown in the Miss Ohio Latina pageant. In a night filled with tears, hugs and lots of excitement, Stephanie was crowned Miss Ohio Latina 2013! She had a great time making her family proud and loved seeing that pride reflected in their smiles when her name was called to be crowned. One of the most exciting things for Stephanie when it comes to pageants is making a lot of new friends on their amazing journey. Most she even considers her sisters!

Stephanie will be representing Ohio at the national Miss Latina Pageant being held in Cancun, Mexico later this year. She is beyond excited and can't wait to make all of us proud! We can't wait to see how she does!

More recently, Stephanie attended the IMTA convention with Pro-Model & Talent Mgmt. They knew that she had star power, but they wanted to put it to the test! She was so excited that she packed up her things a whole week before we were even leaving for the convention. The very first day of taking advantage of her trip to New York with them, Stephanie had her first private meeting. Stephanie received an offer that she is now considering from an agency out in LA!

Below is what Stephanie had to say about Barbizon of Akron:

I have always liked modeling and acting but I never knew how to get started! My mom told me when she was younger she went to a modeling school called Barbizon. So we looked it up and we found Barbizon of Akron Ohio. We called in and went to the open call. Right then and there they told me I was accepted! On August 3, 2010, I became a Barbizon graduate. Brabizon really helped me in my self-confidence to keep modeling and even doing pageants. I'm so thankful that I had the best teacher. I'm sure I wouldn't be where I am right now if it wasn't for the training Barbizon gave me. So, thank you, Barbizon!

And thank you Stephanie for your kind words! We knew she had what it takes to be great and were happy to help polish her into who she has become today. At Barbizon of Akron, we celebrate giving people the skills they need to accomplish ANYTHING in life!