Saturday, March 9, 2013

Yasmeen Answers "Why Barbizon of Akron?"

Barbizon of Akron, a training center for modeling, acting and, well, life has been around for over seventy years now. While we have been becoming a household name as the years go on, there are still people out there who may not understand the benefits of attending a program here at Barbizon of Akron, or may have some questions about what the program is actually like. Well, who better to explain the process and the benefits than one of our very own graduates? Read on below as Yasmeen Muhammad, now a very successful local commercial model, had to say.

I have always loved modeling and acting so I did some searching and found out about Barbizon of Akron. While attending, I really enjoyed my classes and I got to meet a lot of different people and was exposed to many great things. The acting exercises there also helped me break out of my shell, especially as I was performing them in from of people from such varied backgrounds.

Barbizon of Akron helped me in a lot of ways. Admittedly, I was a bit shy at times and the program helped me build my confidence and really showed me how to be comfortable in my own skin. Before the classes, I was not very comfortable. The classes also helped me branch out socially and I can feel that I am holding myself in a much higher regard and I feel much more positive about life in general.

While the program is based inside of a classroom, the curriculum transcended those walls. Some of the classes I enjoyed most were makeup and hair classes and I also really enjoyed being around my classmates. All of the training helps you develop in other areas of life because it helps you to become more professional. It teaches you how to go on job interviews, how to carry yourself, how to dress to make an impression, hair and makeup, as stated above, plus it really works as just an overall confidence building class!

Once graduating with Barbizon of Akron, anyone can come back at anytime and re-take the Barbizon program at no additional charge. They have women in their 30's that are in classes they took with the program as teenagers just to update their training or to take as just a pick-me-up. There are even some graduates who go on to work nationally and take classes when they come back to visit Ohio. Since graduating the program, I signed on with Pro-Model & Talent Mgmt.

My experience so far with Pro-Model & Talent Mgmt. has been great! I am both happy and grateful for all of the work opportunities that I have been given so far. Without the training that I received from Barbizon of Akron, I really feel like I wouldn't be getting the work that I am. The training they give teaches you what you need so you can get through a lot of jobs. They also helped me learn how to be prepared for every job, how to conduct myself in a professional manner and to always enjoy what I am doing.

Some people think that you don't need training for modeling or acting and that is something that I feel is not true. You need training in ANYTHING that you do to fall back on. Anyone that is considering Barbizon of Akron should give it a try; you never know where it could lead you in the long run!

Note from Yasmeen's Mother:

I enrolled Yasmeen into Barbizon of Akron because she wanted to model. I feel that it is important to support your children in what they want to do. I feel that children who have supportive parents actually do better in school and in life.

I can tell that the training Yasmeen has received at Barbizon of Akron has been very beneficial to her. It has made her so much more confident in herself. It helped her believe that she can accomplish anything that she sets her mind to and it will help her on job interviews, etc. in many different fields.

To other parents who may feel that their children shouldn't have to take classes for modeling and acting, I can tell you that it is important. It prepares young men and women on how to act, how to interact with other people and it teaches you many other things you have to know to be successful in the modeling and acting industries. I believe that the more experience you have, the better that you will do in that area. 

To close, I would like to personally thank Barbizon of Akron and Pro-Model & Talent Mgmt. for this wonderful opportunity and experience for my daughter. Thank you!!!

We would like to thank Yasmeen and her mother for their time in helping us with this blog post! Both of these women have been nothing less than wonderful to work with and we can't wait to see how far Yasmeen will go in making her dreams a reality. We are all so proud of her!