Friday, November 9, 2012

Anthony Dardie: Not "Just a Look"

Earlier this month, we posted this great photo of Anthony Dardie on our Facebook Page to congratulate him on graduating one of our classes. A friend asked of Anthony’s asked if he’s a firefighter. He responded, “..It’s just a look.” But for Anthony, we know that being a part of Barbizon was more than just getting a “look.”

Here at Barbizon, we don’t work to just make someone look this way or that way. We know that the best look is one that is built on confidence and shines from the inside out. This wasn’t missed on Anthony and he sent us an email to let us know it. 

In the 10 weeks I spent in the male modeling class at Barbizon of Akron I've learned a lot. I walked in with the perception that all models were just beautiful people that took pictures and got paid just to look a certain way. In all actuality, however, I learned that the modeling/talent industry is very technical in everything, no matter what it is.

In the modeling class we gathered insight into an industry that (with hard work, dedication, a great personality and attitude) could help you achieve great things and realize great things, not only about the industry itself but it allowed us to look at ourselves and discover things about ourselves and change ourselves. I don’t believe that any male that has walked into, or will walk into that class, will walk out unchanged any way... From watching what you eat, hair/skin care, photo-movement techniques, runway techniques, dressing to impress, voice projection, etc, I think that you'll take something away from this that will help you in your life whether you pursue the industry or not.

I've learned how to dress for success; I know what colors go best with my skin tone and eye color. I smile constantly and confidently because my self esteem is higher, even though I’ve always felt I was confident in anything and everything I've ever done... I even developed some new friendships and relationships. Mr. Mowery was a big help being the instructor as well as being an experienced model himself. I have a better understanding of what to expect in the industry and how to be a professional in the industry and in every day life. The staff was very supportive and friendly no matter who it was or what it was about.

I'd recommend this class to any and every male because it'll change your life and the way you see things. It makes you a more polished person. I'd like to thank Mr. Mowery and Mrs. Evans for teaching us and giving us the tools for success in the 10 weeks the classes went on. Last, but definitely not least, I'd like to thank Barbizon of Akron for allowing me to experience new things and live a life that some people could only dream of. God bless and thank you so much for giving me an opportunity to be a model and whatever else I can be! 

Thank you, Anthony! The greatest payoff in what we do is helping people learn fundamentals to help them succeed in life; not just in front of a camera or on a runway. In our program, Anthony is the rule, not the exception. Everyone has wonderful potential and we just love helping them tap into that! Good luck on all future endeavors, Anthony! You’ve already made us so proud!